Click here to Donate Online
In-home U.S. senior care costs $16-$26 per hour, or $150-$280 for 24-hour live-in care, while a nursing home costs $180-$400 a day, experts say (caregiverlist.com). Prices seniors and their families face include:
- Nursing home costs range from $180-$400 a day or $5,400-$12,000 a month
- A private nursing home room can cost up to $493 a day or $14,790 a month
- Senior home care costs $16-$26 per hour for hourly care
- 24-hour live-in care ranges from $150- $280 per day
- Assisted living costs range from $2,500-$5,000 a month
- Continuing care retirement community on average costs a down payment of $250,000 with a $4,000 monthly rental fee. These facilities guarantee lifetime housing, social activities and increased levels of care including nursing home care
In Canada, the cost of dying varies not only by cause but by where people die: on average it costs $36,000 to die in a chronic care facility, compared to $16,000 to die at home. Hospices provide a more home-like experience, while costing only about $439 per patient a day, compared to $850 to $1,000 in a hospital bed. (Cost-effectiveness of Palliative Care, Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association).
Care-giving costs of palliative care at a home setting can be as little as $46/day, when family members are involved and the costs of the same care at hospice settings are never less that around $142/day.
NEAR NORTH PALLIATIVE CARE NETWORK offers you FREE SERVICES of hospice, bereavement and grief. Our hospice volunteers are everywhere in Northern Ontario. Hospitals, palliative care wards, retirement homes, hospices, homes. Our Bereavement and Grief sessions are conducted at our office in North Bay, and are also FREE OF CHARGE.
NEAR NORTH PALLIATIVE CARE NETWORK, here for you when you need it the most.
FIVE EASY WAYS TO DONATE
Online: click here to Donate Online
Donation Form: fill our online Donation Form (under construction)
Phone us: 705-497-9239 – 1-800-287-9441
Visit us: 302-347 Sherbrooke Street, North Bay ON, P1B2C1
Email us: [email protected]
For further information about Alliances or how to become our Corporate Sponsor or Donor, call us to organize a visit to your company or to schedule a meeting with André Cotterall, NNPCN Executive Director:
(705) 497-9239 – 1-800-287-9441.
Click on the card below to check our list of DONORS 2012-2013 :